Be the spark that inspires someone to keep training, to try harder and live healthier. We are currently looking for a Certified Personal Trainer who is a motivated, career-aspiring fitness professional and is passionate about changing lives through exercise. As a Certified Personal Trainer, you will be the ultimate provider of fitness, results and an exceptional member experience. Make a difference every day while building a exciting career in fitness. As a Personal Trainer, you will work one-on-one and in small groups with members to help them achieve their fitness goals. You will also be required to monitor the fitness center, greet members, ensure safety of all members, keep facility clean and demonstrate use of equipment. Candidate will also assist coordinators and directors as needed.
A Free YMCA full facility membership offered with employment.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Personal Training Experience: 1 year preferred
- Have CPR and AED Certification
- Promote the mission and values of the YMCA
- Assist clients in setting specific and attainable fitness goals
- Take initiative in enrolling current and potential members into our training program
- Offer alternative exercises and routines to accommodate different levels of fitness
- Plan routines and choose movements depending on clients capabilities, limitations and goals
- Advise clients on proper clothing and shoes for exercise
- Strong personal and communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Personal Training/Group Exercise Certification required (ACSM, NASM, ACE, NETA, AFAA preferred).
- Up to 10 hours per week
- Daytime, evening and weekends available
Pay Rate: Based on education level and years of experience