After School Child Care Counselor
Help transform a child's life. We are seeking an After School Child Care Counselor who will provide guidance, mentoring and coaching for all children in our School Age Child Care Program. Join our dedicated child care team in providing a quality program for the community we serve. Opportunity for additional hours.
Staff are offered a Free YMCA Nationwide Gym and Pool Membership, opportunity to enroll in the voluntary 403(b) retirement plan and wireless discounts for qualified plans.
- Assist in developing a high quality after school program
- Share innovative ideas for character development programming
- Plan art and science projects
- Supervise students ages 4-11 on regular school days and camp days
- Drive on company van to pick up kids from local schools
- Attend program field trips and maintain control of kids at all times
- Plan and implement age-appropriate activities and games
- Prefer 18 years of age.
- Experience working with children in a childcare or related setting.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- Be a positive role model by demonstrating our YMCA core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility.
- Work as a team to ensure every child reaches their fullest potential.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- CPR and Standard First Aid preferred – will train
- Part-time Monday - Friday
- 3:00 PM - 6:30 PM