The South Amboy YMCA is looking for a reliable and highly motivated Gymnastics Instructor to work with children ages 5 to 12. Applicant must exhibit a pleasant and cheerful attitude at all times, engaging children of different skill levels.
- Plan and instruct classes as assigned.
- Arrive prior to class start time to ensure all equipment and materials are set up to standard.
- Ensure a safe and welcoming environment.
- Take attendance and verify all participants have signed in for each class.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings as directed.
- Engage with all YMCA class participants, parents, members and staff in a professional, respectful and courteous manner, reflecting our four core values and providing assistance where possible.
- Adhere to YMCA professional appearance policy, which may include staff shirt, name tag and pants while on duty.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Strong background in gymnastics
- Previous experience instructing or leading groups, preferably children.
Part-time: Days and times vary
A Free YMCA Nationwide Staff Membership offered with employment