Seasonal lifeguards wanted for a beautiful 25 meter - 6 lane pool, to provide a safe swimming environment for all guests and campers. Lifeguard Certification Course offered. Apply today and spend your summer poolside making a difference in our community. Lifeguards needed as early as May 4 / 5 for Memorial Day weekend. Year round opportunities also available.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course offered, must compete course and pass lifeguard test.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Prior lifeguard experience is preferred
- Willing to be outdoors for prolonged periods
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Arrive at designated time and dressed in appropriate aquatic attire
- Perform safety checks of equipment, including first aid kits, phones, rescue tubes, pool equipment.
- Enforce all pool rules in a firm, but tactful manner
- Work as part of the aquatic guarding team in an effective and efficient fashion to ensure the overall safety of the pool and pool area
- Scan according to proper procedures and guard from designated areas and guard chairs
- Interact with pool members and guests in a member friendly manner
Status: part time, seasonal
Open weekends beginning May 26
Open daily beginning June 25
How to Apply: E-mail, call or complete application at the Member Services Desk at the Edison Branch YMCA