Computer Gaming Instructor: Scratch, Lego Robotics, Mindstorms Robotics
Inspire our youth by sharing your passion for computing. We are actively hiring coding and programming Instructors for Scratch and Lego Robotics. Scratch is an educational programming tool developed by the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab.
Instructors needed for afterschool, Saturday mornings and summer enrichment camps.
- Ideal candidate will have a STEM background with an understanding of Creative Computing; applying the concepts of having children learn to think creatively, work collaboratively and reason systematically as they work with Scratch.
- Ability to work in a group-learning environment with a wide range of ages and computer levels.
- Provide a fun learning experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Positive attitude and professional appearance.
Part-time flexible hours
The YMCA offers a Free Nationwide Gym and Pool Membership, opportunity to enroll in the voluntary 403(b) retirement plan and wireless discounts for qualified plans.