Aquatic (Aquacise) Instructor
HOURS: Part Time
PAY RATE: $20-$30 DOE
Under the supervision of the Aquatic Director, the Aquacise Instructor is responsible for leading prudent aquatic exercise programs that promote wellness and healthy lifestyles, developing fellowship, and creating an atmosphere of enjoyment and fun for members.
- Adhere to all Aquatic Safety Guidelines and Procedures.
- Prepare routines and choreography that are appropriate to the class level and in accordance with YMCA and Industry Standards.
- Provide support and encouragement while leading classes in a positive, enthusiastic and energetic fashion, always modeling appropriate technique.
- Arrive and be ready to begin classes according to the scheduled time and end classes at the scheduled time. At no time shall the Aquacise Instructor be in the pool without a certified lifeguard.
- Ensure the overall safety and well-being of class participants.
- Remain current and relevant with the trends of aqua fitness programs.
- Within one year of initial training attend certification classes and maintain certifications.
- Have an ability to lead a variety of aquacise classes to a diverse population and level of exercise abilities.
- Complete accident/incident reports when needed and immediately alert supervisor of incident.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all participants.
- Notify supervisor of any safety hazards, equipment hazards or concerns immediately.
- Maintain a professional appearance, wearing the appropriate clothing per the Professional Appearance Policy.
- Record time work appropriately utilizing the time recording method according to supervisor’s instruction.
- Attend and participate in meetings and trainings as required by supervisor and YMCA leadership.
- Experienced in the development and delivery of aquacise classes.
- An ability to instruct to a variety of wellness levels.
PHYSICAL REQURIEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal amounts of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, speaking, reading, and writing found within an aquacise class environment. Must be comfortable in and around the water environment.