Under the direction of the Senior Child Care Director, the Site Coordinator/Supervisor is responsible for the management and supervision of a specific program site, either as the primary person on site or in tandem with a Senior Child Care Director. He/she will be responsible for supervise staff, set up daily schedules, serve a liaison with YMCA parents, and outside organizations, and ensure all polices, regulations and standards of the Centers are met.
(all or a part of the following may apply depending on the site supervising)
1. Ensure all health and safety guidelines are strictly adhered to.
2. Report to work during scheduled hours, accurately reflect time worked on the time management system provided.
3. Adhere to all Office of Licensing, Department of Health and Association requirements, as well as YMCA of the USA HEPA Standards.
4. Ensure a completed registration form, complete and up-to-date emergency information form, a current medical form and up-to-date pick-up authorization form is on file for each child.
5. Coach staff in performing their job according to their job descriptions.
6. Conduct a monthly staff meeting for staff communication. Staff meeting minutes are taken and submitted to the Association Office.
7. Ensure that all staff re adequately supervising their groups at all times, including activities, bathroom, snacks, etc.
8. Conduct fire drills at least once a month and maintain an accurate log.
9. Submit completed attendance sheets the last day of the month.
10. Order/purchase supplies as needed while adhering to set budget.
11. Ensure all staff have access to First Aid supplies at all times and are following correct First Aid procedures.
12. Maintain current CPR/First Aid certification and ensure staff also have current CPR/First Aid certifications.
13. Ensure staff are adhering to the Personal Appearance Policy, are wearing their proper nametags and that their attire is appropriate for activities they are leading.
14. Assist staff during activities when necessary.
15. Ensure Positive Discipline and redirection is used when issues occur, keeping an open communication with parents.
16. Ensure the facility is neat and clean and the environment is comfortable and appropriate for children.
17. Ensure closing procedures of cleaning equipment is followed.
18. Ensure the programs and activities are being extended within the center according to Creative Curriculum.
19. Attend Child Care Quality Team, Operations and other meting as deemed necessary by the Senior Child Care Director or CEO.
· High School Diploma
· Minimum 21 years of age
· Minimum 2 years working with children
· Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
· Strong customer services skills
· Strong organization skills
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability learn software applications as needed
· Excellent communication skills
PHYSICAL REQURIEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal amounts of walking, standing, sitting, running, jumping, lifting, pushing, pulling, speaking, reading, and writing. Must be able to hear, see and respond quickly to children’s needs.