HOURS: Part Time 30 hours/week
PAY RATE: $17-$18 / hourly
Under the leadership of the School Age Child Care Director, the Preschool and Enrichment Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of high-quality preschool and enrichment programs assigned.
• Working closely with the Child Care Director, the Coordinator directs and supervises Preschool and Enrichment programs and events as assigned to meet the needs of the community and the Association.
• Recruits, hires, trains, schedules and develops staff to fill the needs of the programs within the culture of the branch and Association.
• Creates, establishes and develops innovative Preschool and Enrichment programs, activities, events to meet the needs of the branch, Association and community.
• Develops and manages the budget for all areas of responsibility in conjunction with Child Care Director for Branch.
• In conjunction with the Child Care Director, assess the programs impact and effectiveness.
• Ensure staff are adhering to the Personal Appearance Policy, are wearing their proper nametags and that their attire is appropriate for activities they are leading.
• Assist staff during activities when necessary.
• Ensure Positive Discipline and redirection is used when issues occur, keeping an open communication with parents.
• Ensure the facility is neat and clean and the environment is comfortable and appropriate for children. Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Ensure the program space is returned to its original condition before leaving.
• Responsible for program areas being used ensuring they are safe, maintained and suits the needs of the program.
• Be part of the leadership team that drives the Child Care Services Annual Campaign responsibilities and events that support the overall efforts of the Association.
• Work closely with branch staff team to coordinate room usage.
• Ensures all health and safety protocols and policies are being adhered to with assigned program areas.
• Working closely with the Child Care Director, monitors and requests supplies needed in a timely, cost-conscious manner.
• Maintain all records according to local, state and YMCA policy.
• Ensure staff are adequately training in all safety and emergency procedures and certifications are current.
• Complete all administrative work in a timely fashion.
• Interact with members, guests and community in a positive, professional manner.
• All other duties as assigned.
• AA degree or equivalent experience in related field.
• One or more courses in program administration or program development or comparable experience.
• Previous staff supervision experience
• Ability to lead a team and to work as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends when needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIRIEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal amounts of walking, standing, sitting, running, jumping, lifting, pushing, pulling, speaking, reading, and writing. Must be able to hear, see and respond quickly to children’s needs.