Director Financial Development
Join a dynamic team where your talent as a professional in the Fund Development area will help make a difference to our community.
The Financial Development Director provides leadership in financial development to advance the YMCAs mission through annual giving, government and foundation grants, endowment bequests and gifts and capital campaigns. The Director of Financial Development works closely with the CEO in developing an actively engaged fundraising volunteer board of directors and positions the Y as a community convener and collaborator to address critical social issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent; Master's degree or CFRE preferred.
- YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred.
- Five or more years of professional experience with a background in fundraising in the YMCA or another non-profit preferred.
- Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles.
- Ability to create interpretive materials to enable potential donors to understand the YMCA and how they contribute to the achievement of its mission.
- Knowledge of the media and its use in gaining exposure for YMCA events and programs.
- Foundation and government grant writing experience.
- CFRE or equivalent preferred
- Develops organizational goals and strategic plans for fundraising, balancing long-term direction and short-term requirements in conjunction with the CEO.
- Develops systems and manages resources, including the financial development budget, needed to carry out the fundraising plans
- Ensures the established fundraising policies and procedures for the association are being met.
- Develops processes and is actively involved in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gift prospects.
- Maintains database resource file on top community leaders and utilizes them to build relationships with community leaders.
- Directs and coordinates association annual campaign, endowment programs and capital campaigns that may be identified by the Board.
- Works in conjunction with Executive Assistant to lend support preparing and coordinating proposals for grants from government sources and private foundations.
- Support the CEO in engaging the board in conversations and decision making to advance the Y's impact the communities we serve.
- Develops strategies to increase volunteer involvement at all levels of financial development.
- Tracks all gifts and pledges by source and purpose and provides reports as needed.
- Provides training in fundraising. Educates, motivates and provides feedback to individuals related to best practices in the fundraising process.
Creates and implements effective communication strategies with compelling messages that inspire others to accomplish the mission and cause with maximum impact. Develops communication plans to ensure members, participants, and the community understand the case for support.
SALARY: $80,000.00 - $83,000.00