School Age and Camp Director
Join a well-established Y where staff are valued and staff development is part of our culture. Robust benefit opportunities.
Under the supervision and leadership of the Director of Operations, the School Age Child Care Director / Summer Day Camp Director develops, organizes and implements and supervises high quality YMCA After School Care program and Summer Day Camp program as assigned.
- BS in education or related field is preferred or equivalent education and work experience in related field.
- Current, CPR and First Aid required.
- Program Management experience, budget development and leadership experience and the ability to continually develop and grow programs.
- Previous supervisory experience with the ability to meet deadlines, schedule, coach and develop staff.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Plans, organizes, promoted and provides leadership to the After School Care program, Summer Camp and programs as assigned using the current curriculum and standards of the YMCA.
- Hires, schedules, trains, coaches and mentors staff during program hours.
- Maintains all state and local regulations and ratios.
- Executes administrative duties including, but not limited to payroll, reviews, staff meetings, branch meetings, brochure material preparation, program registration, incident reports etc.
- In conjunction with the supervisor, develops program budgets.
- Ensure accurate record keeping (i.e. billing, medical cards, attendance, rosters)
- Ensure adequate and appropriate program supplies are on-hand.
- Communicates effectively with staff, program participants, parents and volunteers.
- Coordinates program registrations and special events.
- Participates as a member of the YMCA Branch Leadership Team and participates in YMCA organization projects and events.
- Coordinates mailings, distributions, school announcements as needed to support program growth.
- Ensure positive discipline practices are being used within all areas of the programs.
- Submit written training schedule and staff development plans to supervisor and ensure they are being delivered.
- On a daily basis actively engage with the day-to-day operations of the programs.
- Coordinate and monitor bus transportation to ensure all children are transported to and from program and schools following YMCA bus procedures.
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Adhere to and model the YMCA four-core values and “House Rules”.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings and trainings as required and deliver pieces of trainings and meetings as required.