Assistant Teacher Preschool
The Metuchen YMCA is seeking a part-time Assistant Teacher to join our caring staff of professionals. The assistant will be responsible for the care and supervision of children in a Preschool classroom and lend support to the Lead Teacher as needed and participate in all daily classroom activities. The ideal candidate is dependable, energetic and passionate about working with young children.
Staff are offered a Free YMCA Nationwide Membership, opportunity to enroll in the voluntary 403(b) retirement plan, wireless discounts, career development and more.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Previous child care experience or related experience.
- Some credits or classes in education or early childhood education a plus.
- Experience with Creative Curriculum is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Model our YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Opportunity for additional hours