Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Aquatic Director will give leadership to the Aquatic Department including but not limited to: programming, maintaining safety standards, supervision and leadership and development of staff, maintaining all state and local health and bathing regulations, budgeting,
- Ensure all aquatic processes and practices are in alignment with association standards and aquatic best practices.
- Plan, organize and give direction to all areas, programs, and rentals assigned to the Aquatic department in order to meet the needs of the community and Association.
- Monitoring and purchasing of supplies for department.
- Recruit, hires, trains, schedules and develops staff to fill the needs of the Aquatic Department.
- Prepare and manage budget.
- Ensure aquatic programming is delivered at a high level and is inclusive for all levels of aquatic abilities.
- Ensure program and facility compliance with all state and local regulations, including all certifications.
- Maintain all records according to local, state and YMCA policy.
- Ensure staff are adequately training in all safety and emergency procedures and certifications are current.
- Complete all administrative work in a timely fashion.
- Ensure the care, safety and well-being of all members, guests, and staff in the aquatic environment.
- Conduct a monthly staff meeting which includes in-services and emergency drills to meet the aquatic standards.
- Interact with members, guests and community in a positive, professional manner.
- Oversight to Swim Team at the South Amboy Branch.
- Participate in YMCA and community special events as a representative of the YMCA.
- BS in physical education, recreation or related field is preferred or equivalent education and work experience in related field
- Current lifeguard, CPR, AED, O2, First Aid required
- CPO or YMCA POOL certification preferred
- Previous Swim Team Leadership Experience
- Program Management experience
- Budget development and management experience
- Previous supervisory experience with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to interact with a diverse population
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as proficient in Microsoft office softwares
PHYSICAL REQURIEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal amounts of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, ability to tolerate aquatic area conditions of humidity, evening and weekend hours may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.