Under the direction and with the support of the Senior Swim Team Coach, the Assistant Swim Team Coach will coach and mentor the assigned Swim Team group utilizing a positive, proactive coaching approach with the emphasis being on personal development and team work.
- Assist the Senior Swim Team Coach in all aspects of coaching assigned group(s).
- Ensure all team members are coached using positive coaching and mentoring skills.
- Implement a practice and training routine that supports the goals of the swimmers and team, following the guidance and direction of the Senior Swim Team Coach.
- Ensure all practice and meet times are communicated clearly and the schedules are followed.
- Attend swim team practices, meets and events as required, often will take place in the evenings and weekends.
- Instill a culture of safety, ensuring all child abuse prevention policies, as well as the Safe Sports Act requirements are strictly adhered to.
- Elevate all concerns to the Senior Swim Team Coach or Senior Aquatic Director immediately.
- Communicate in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- Ensure the four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsivity are delivered at present at all times.
- Support the Senior Swim Team Coach and/or Head Swim Team Coach with maintaining a clean pool and locker room areas during the swim team program times.
- Proactively promote the MEWSA swim team.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, AED
- Coaches Safety Training and YMCA Competitive Swim Training (will provide)
- Previous Swim Team Experience or excellent aquatic skills
- Excellent communication skills
PHYSICAL REQURIEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal amounts of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, ability to tolerate aquatic area conditions of humidity, evening and weekend hours may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.