LAP SWIMMING/FAMILY SWIMMING
Exciting Pool Update
Beginning Saturday June 19, Reservations are no longer needed for lap swimming and water walking. However, due to high demand you would need to make reservation Monday-Friday starting 4pm and on the weekends. The Metuchen YMCA has expanded and made changes to the pool schedule; in compliance with executive order set by NJ Department of Health and our local health department.
We are continuing to keep our pool facility clean and safe for all members and staff. We have expanded pool capacity to 50% with continued practice of social distancing.We ask that non-vaccinated members to continue to wear masks when on pool deck. We are continuing to make reservations for family swim, nights and weekends. Times not on the schedule pools are closed for Camps and Programing.
Here are a few lap swim/water walking reminders (Hoppel pool can allow 16 people; Finne pool can allow 10 people)
- Lane assignments are no longer being given out and members are able to select the lane they want to use from those that are open.
- If all lanes are taken, you may be asked to wait in a designated area or share a lane. If lane sharing, members will be asked to start on opposite ends of the pool.
- Locker Rooms are available for changing, showering and storing belongings in the Family Locker room.
We are excited about this change and appreciate the support and cooperation of our Y community moving forward.
We hope to see you in the pool this summer!
Lap Swim now available to members at all three branches!
Free to active members!
VIEW OUR LAP SWIM SCHEDULES HERE!
Please use the links below to schedule your appointment. You can reserve a lane for 45 minute time slots. We will have openings Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm. Please register by noon the day before your requested appointment.
SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT AT METUCHEN NOW!
Due to high demand, we have made the following changes to Lap Swim:
- We are shortening the transition times between sessions to add more swim options.
- We will be limiting members to three reservations per week (maximum of one reservation per day).
- We ask that everyone follow all health and safety guidelines in the pool, on the deck and in the locker rooms.
- Locker Rooms will be open for changing only.
- Showers are ONLY available in the two Handicap bathrooms.
SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT AT SOUTH AMBOY NOW!
Lap Swim and Family Swim now available to members at Edison Community Campus!
Lap swimming and family swimming is now available at the Edison Community Campus! Please contact Laurie Post at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 732-494-3232. Available time slots for lap swim will be Mon-Fri 7am-5pm, Sat 1pm-5pm, Sun 11am-3pm. Available time slots for family swim will be Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 1pm-5pm and Sun 11am-3pm. Please register by noon the day before your requested appointment.
FOR SWIM LESSONS AT THE EDISON COMMUNITY CAMPUS, PLEASE CALL 732-494-3232
The YMCA appreciates your patience as we prioritize social distancing, enhanced cleanliness, and the health and safety of our members, participants and staff. We ask that you read the outlined protocols and sign the waiver which you will find to the right.