POSITION: Child Care Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Child Care Services
SUPERVISOR: Child Care Director
SALARY: $16-$18 hourly DOE
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director, the School Age Child Care Coordinator is responsible for carrying out daily preparation of program needs and assisting with the leadership and supervision of their department and staff.
- Assume responsibility of School Age Child Care program in the absence of the School Age Child Care Director.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and supervision of the program.
- Assist with program registration, special events, mailings, distributions, and clerical duties when necessary.
1. Assist with the planning, implementation, and supervision of the After School Care program.
2. Ensure the safety and well-being of all participants is the primary concern of staff and program areas are safe and age appropriate.
3. Ensure all staff are highly trained in Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention and are following all policies and procedures as required.
4. Daily preparation of snacks, crafts, program supplies, and first aid supplies for all program areas within the After School Care program.
5. Assisting with preparing and facilitate daily staff assignments.
6. Assist with the supervision of staff, ensuring their job duties are being met.
7. Assist with After School Care daily drop-off and pick-up procedures for participants.
8. Assume responsibility of School Age Child Care program in the absence of the School Age Child Care Director.
9. Ensure all accidents and incidents are document and the documentation is submitted to supervisor by end of day of documentation.
10. Act as a liaison to parents, program participants, and volunteers and other staff when needed on behalf of the Director.
11. Assist with program registration, special events, mailings, distributions, and clerical duties when necessary.
12. Assist with the creating and updating of information for bulletin boards, monthly news letter for the parents, and additional communication tools.
13. Is “hands on” in all program areas.
14. Accurately complete all administrative paperwork as assigned on a timely and basis.
15. Must promote “family and member friendly” programs and facility.
16. Must adhere to all House Rules, as well as embrace and emulate the four core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility.
17. Attend all mandatory meetings as required by YMCA or supervisor.
18. Will assist in evaluating the program and staff along with the School Age Child Care Director.
19. Must accurately complete timesheets on a daily basis, signing at the end of each week.
- Ideally be at least 21 years of age.
- Should have or be working towards a college degree in a related area.(Must have a minimum of 60 undergraduate college credits. Knowledge of the Creative Curriculum)
- A strong and proven ability to be an excellent role model and mentor for youth.
- Must have experience in a childcare setting.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Dependable and reliable with an ability to have some flexibility with schedule.
- ECERS-3 and Bilingual in Spanish and English are a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal amounts of walking, standing, sitting, running, jumping, lifting, pushing, pulling, speaking, reading, and writing. Must be able to hear, see and respond quickly to children’s needs.