All children under 15 years of age must complete a swim test prior to using the aquatic facility.
The Green band swim test includes:
- Swimming one length of the pool with face in the water, front crawl or breaststroke
- Tread water for 1 minute
- Climb out of pool
- Jump into the pool and resurface
- Float on back for 10 seconds or swim one length of backstroke
The Yellow band swim test includes:
- Swim half the length of the pool
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Stand in the shallow end of the swimming area with the water level lower than their armpits
- Go underwater, lift their feet off the bottom of the swimming area, and then regain their footing without assistance
Swim test can be performed during family swim.
*Lifeguards determination of level will be final for that day, re-tests can be done on a different day. No changes will be made to level on the same day.
Click Here for Swim Test Band Descriptions