Our Aquatic Center features three heated pools for all generations of swimmers to come and enjoy! Locker rooms are provided for men, women, boys (under 18), girls (under 18), and a Family Locker Room.
This is a 25 yard, 8 lane pool which is heated to 80 degrees. The depth ranges from 3.5 feet to 9.5 feet. This pool is great for lap swimming, deep water jogging and water exercise. It has a ladder entry.
This is a 20 yard, 3 lane pool which is heated to 84 degrees. The depth range is from 3.5 feet to 5 feet. This pool is great for water walking, water exercise and lap swimming. It has a stairs and ladder entry.
This is a zero water depth entry, 3 feet pool for our younger swimmers, complete with mini-water slide, dumping fish and swim through water arch. This pool is heated to 85 degrees. This pool is a great place for family swim time!
Click on the program that you are interested in below for more information.
Private/Semi-Private Swim Lessons
- Must be a YPCC member
- Lessons are 30 minutes long and will follow current COVID-19 guidelines.
- Semi-private lessons are available for members from the same household.
Please contact Kelly Molinelli at (732) 562-2302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Only one adult member (18 & above) needs to reserve the family swim time.
- Swim time will end 15 minutes before the end of the hour.
- All children under 15 years of age must be swim-tested. US Coast Guard-Approved life jackets must be worn by all red bands in all pools and yellow bands in pools where the swimmer cannot stand. (Exercise and Competition Pools). Adult Supervision required for all swimmers under 12 years old and all yellow and red level swimmers.
- There will be a maximum of three families allowed in the pool per hour. Each family has a maximum of eight participants.
- NO CHANGING WILL BE ALLOWED. In order to limit the amount of people in our locker rooms, there will be no changing allowed before or after your swim time. You must arrive and leave in your swimming attire. Bags can be placed on the benches next to the pool in which you are swimming. One family per bench allowed.
- Face coverings must be worn to the bench and out of the pool area. Anyone not in the water should be wearing a face covering. Parents must be in the water with any yellow band or red band swimmers. Swimmers under 12 years old who have passed the swim test with a green band must be accompanied by an adult to the Aquatic Center.
- Lap swimming can be reserved for children 12 years old and up without an adult. For children under 12 years old, please reserve under the Adult Member.
- Due to COVID19 restrictions, only YPCC members can participate at this time.
- Members can book up to three visits, each visit has a maximum 60 minute length of time.
- Maximum of one reservation per day.
- Members can check in up to 10 minutes before your scheduled time.
- A member forfeits their spot if they are not checked in within the first 10 minutes of their time slot.
- A face covering must be worn in and out of the pool area. Face coverings are not to be worn in the pool.
- Members must provide their own equipment, at this time we are not able to lend out any equipment.
- Members must rinse off before entering the pool (shower is available in the locker room).
- Members must arrive and depart in swimming attire.
- Swimming attire (bathing suits/swim trunks) is required in all of our pools. Athletic wear is not swim wear, no street clothes allowed in pools.
- Reservations for lanes are available for adult swimmers and youth 12 years old and up that meet the qualifications listed below.
- Swimmers 12 and up may use the pool without a parent if they have passed the swim test.
- Swim tests can be scheduled with Kelly Molinelli, Aquatic Director, for afternoon time. She can be reached at (732) 562-2302 or you can email her at Kelly.Molinelli@ymcaofmewsa.org
Junior Lap Swim-Ages 8-12 years
Monday through Friday: 12:00-8:00pm*
Saturday & Sunday: 10am-4pm
Lap swimming on our competitive pool for your young lap swimmers. All children must pass a swim test with a green band in order to reserve a lane. If your child has not passed with a green band, please continue to use our family swim time to practice their skills in our exercise and activity pools. Swim test can be administered by a lifeguard during family swim or they can be scheduled by contacting the Aquatic Director, Kelly Molinelli at Kelly.email@example.com or (732) 562-2302.
**A parent/guardian must be in the pool area during the reserved time.
This general water fitness class will blend cardio vascular activities with toning exercises to give you a total body workout. Get wet, get fit and HAVE FUN! All participants must wear proper swim attire. No swimming ability required. Comfort in the aquatic environment is recommended prior to participation.
Wednesdays, 10:00-11:00 a.m. and Fridays, 10:00-11:00 a.m.
A slower-paced, low-impact class designed to increase flexibility and balance. Stretch and tone your way to fitness in the comforts of our warm water pool, using the principles found in yoga and traditional fitness classes.
Tuesdays, 2:00-3:00 p.m.
All children under 15 years of age must complete a swim test prior to using the aquatic facility. The swim test includes:
· Swimming one length of the pool with face in the water, front crawl or breaststroke
· Tread water for 30 seconds
· Climb out of pool
· Jump into the pool and resurface
· Float on back for 10 seconds or swim one length of backstroke
Swim test can be performed during family swim or by scheduling an appointment.
SWIM TEST BAND DESCRIPTIONS